Recycled plastic lumber consider the standard material for manufacturing the outdoor furniture, decks, the railway ties and etc. This recycled plastic lumber is commonly called as plastic wood. The plastic lumber furniture is better in the strength as compare to normal wood material furniture and due to its strength plastic lumber furniture is costlier as well.
There are a lot of advantages of recycled plastic lumber and ten of them are discussed below.
- The age of recycled plastic lumber is also more than the age of normal wood and it has been observed that the age of plastic lumber stays up to 50 years which is itself a remark.
- The most important advantage of Recycle Plastic Lumber is that we don’t have to cut the woods and deplete the natural resources.
- Plastic lumber is manufactured by incorporated the waste plastics that are being recycled into plastic wood. There exist third parties which check the value of recycled plastic in the recycled plastic lumber which certify the guarantee of recycled plastic lumber.
- The recycled plastic lumber is generally rough with surfaces which make it non-slip type material. It is responsible for its resistant to moss.
- It has eco friendly nature. Thing is that is made from recycled plastic and so it is something useful from the waste.
- Sometimes with woods material furniture we have to use pesticides but this plastic lumber is pest resistant means you can forget about the terminator chemicals that you have to use with wood furniture.
- The maintenance cost of wood furniture is more than recycled plastic lumber furniture. In wood furniture we need to use pain and polish and whereas, plastic lumber is maintenance free. There are not any requirements of any paint or polish over surface.
- This material is also flexile and diverse in nature.
- As we know we have to keep the wooden furniture away from the water but this material is water resistant.
- This recycled plastic lumber is available in different sized and it act as normal lumber which has made it more versatile also.
So, what do you need to do? Go with recycled plastic lumber and go green!